August 31, 2009

Is USU Uintah Basin a good place to attend school?

These last couple weeks have been pretty crazy for most of us: students trying to avoid the purges, desperately waiting for their scholarship money to set in. Other students are worried about their required class getting filled up, leaving no more "seats" available! Some students are hoping that their boss will give them some time-off for their new college schedule! And more typically, most of us are still wondering what major we want to pursue. Whatever the case is, it's not easy for anyone but in many ways, we fortunate to be living here in the Uintah Basin!

Hands down, we have the best college administrative office in Utah! If you have not met the "girls" in the office, you have already missed out. And I don't mean when you signed up for classes- I'm talking about going in there to say "hi" with a plate of cookies. After a good-hard day of studying and stressing, at the end of the day I usually make my way in there just to blow off a little steam; it is very therapeutic and I recommend it. Dean Holley and the rest of the boys usually hideout, but if you see them in the hall, don't forget to ask them for some ice cream. They are so willing to give! I am lucky to be in the Uintah Basin.


Cafe Rio is COMING! Despite the economic down turn, the movers and shakers in the Uintah Basin are STILL MOVING and they are STILL SHAKING! We have seen more commercial construction occur in the last year than we have seen in the last 5 years. Cafe Rio has been a favorite ever since the first doors opened on University Parkway in Provo, UT and then eventually making it's way up the Wasatch Front. I will be able to enjoy my personal favorite (...and I know I am not alone): the Pork Barbecoa, Enchilada Style Burrito, and I can enjoy that right here at the long-waited Cafe Rio in the city of Vernal! Yes, I am glad to be in the Uintah Basin.


Finally, if you get a chance, you should go up and check out the new UBATC/USU building. At 86,000 square feet, what an amazing structure it is! All the hype around here tells me that this building is just a glimpse of what is to come. Currently, the Bingham building is under construction and roomer has it that we will be attending classes their the 2010 Fall Semester. I am excited to be in the Uintah Basin.

No comments:

Post a Comment