September 11, 2009

Sitdown Everyone! It's Story Time! Make sure the person behind you can't see your underwear...



I guess since this is a student blog, I will tell you my story from a current student's perspective. It is not that interesting so if you want to grab a bag of chips and a soda, you just might be able to get through it! There is no way I will finish it today so make sure you check back again (and bring another bag of chips).

As I returned home from my mission, I was feeling really good and ambitious as most returned missionaries do; maybe it was because I could start kissing girls again, I don't know! Despite the specific reasoning behind why I was so pumped up at the time, I was ready to take on the world! Wishing and hoping to be successful was an understatement for what I had running in my mind.

Growing up, I learned some pretty valuable lessons. In kindergarten, I learned not to steal toys from my classmates. In 3rd grade, I learned that girls were cute (greatest lesson of all, lol). As I graduated elementary school I could add, subtract, divide, and multiply integers. When I got my first locker, I got a good taste of what it feels like to have my "own space." I continued on to Junior High and onto High School... learning about and studying mathematics, english, science, having friends, having enemies, religion, culture... the opposite sex, haha. What a rollercoaster of a ride! As we are basically forced to make decisions and interact with others, etc, we become very good at observing, comparing others to ourselves, and picking up on things that happen over and over again, or patterns. In the midst of all that craziness, something really stuck out to me. In a little bit, I want to show you something I picked up on, and that is the direct correlation between someone who is knowledgeable and someone who is successful.

I didn't know where to harness this energy. I was taught my whole life that going to school was the best way to be successful, but something stubborn inside of me convinced me that "I will do it my own way! I have bigger plans than just going to school!"

To be continued...it get's better I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment